Water For Dogs
April 24th, 2012
By Eric Letendre
Could NOT sleep last night.
Doesn’t happen often, but every once in a while I just lay there.
Bored, I turned on the tube and flipped around.
The movie, “Water for Elephants” was on and I decided to watch it.
I won’t get into the details but I will tell you that the head trainer in the movie was a brutal man who abused the animals.
I have been training dogs for a while now and in that time I have seen some awful trainers.
Trainers that think you have to use force and harsh methods to get the dog to do the commands.
I really don’t understand people like this.
It is also sad that there are still a LOT of trainers out there still using and promoting harsh methods.
The best way to get a great response from your dog is to train using positive methods.
Using harsh methods will eventually backfire on you and I have seen it happen over and over just like it did in the movie.
…there is one command that has to be taught using positive methods:
The recall (come when called) command.
Which is why I put together a complete guide on how to teach this all important command.
This teaches my EXACT system for getting your dog to come back when called, EVERY time. It starts with the basics and works up to advanced training, including how to get your dog to come in distracting situations.
Some of the tips in this course include:
- A “Stealth” way to get your dog to come back when you call. (This little-known technique will “Fast Track” all of your recall training).
- Exactly how long each training session should be. (Most dogs ignore their owners’ commands to come when called because of this one HUGE mistake. Learn when you should END each session so your dog rockets toward you each time you say the command, “COME.”)
- What German Dog Trainers know about teaching the come command that most other trainers don’t. (And how to use this secret to get maximum training results.)
- The little-known scientific (and 100% accurate) way to teach your dog to come when called without force or harsh methods. (It’s amazing how many dog trainers get confused and don’t teach this.)
- Exactly what to do in your first training session that can 1.) Bond your dog to you right away 2.) Develop trust between you and your dog 3.) Get your dog to respond every time they hear their name.
- The #1 easiest way to deal with distractions. (Discover how to easily get your dog to respond to your commands when there are other dogs, squirrels and distractions.)
- The secret reason why your dog does not respond to your recall command. (And how to overcome this problem using a common backyard product.)
- Why it’s a big mistake to call your dog from the stay command. (Most dog trainers teach the come command from a stay and this can destroy your training efforts. Here’s what to do instead.)
- 31 ways to improve your dog’s recall (come when called) command. (Do this right and your dog will race back to you when you give the command, “Come.”)
- How to do daily training sessions with your dog even if you hate it and find it extremely hard. (Most people do not enjoy the process of training their dog. Here’s a simple way to make training easy and fun!)
- The one thing you have to know about using rewards. (Using rewards the right way can be extremely effective, done the wrong way and your training can self destruct.)
- A simple “test” you should do with your dog before you start teaching your dog to come when called. (And why this test could determine your training success or failure.)
- And a whole lot more.
Check it out now:
Always Come When Called
All the best,