- Behavior Problems
- Get Help Here
May 23rd, 2012
By Eric Letendre
I went to my first dog training class waaaay back in the 70′s.
My father had enough and enrolled us into an obedience class.
The instructor sat us down and gave us a long list of things that we were to never do with our dog.
– Never play tug o war
– Never give treats for obedience
– Never allow your dog on the furniture
– Never give your dog “people food”
– Never walk your dog without a choke chain
I took this advice with me when I decided to become a “professional” dog trainer.
The more I learned about dogs and training, the more I realized that the list above was BUNK!
Luckily, I have learned from some great masters of wisdom over the years.
One of Yoda’s famous quotes is:
“You must unlearn what you have learned.”
Very excellent advice.
There is a whole lot of dog training advice that has been floating around for years that has become gospel for a lot of people.
Have you ever heard:
– Wait until your dog is six months old before training.
– Don’t let your puppy play with other puppies.
– Alpha roll overs teach your dog you are the pack leader.
All advice you must unlearn padawan.
The best place to unlearn and learn the correct way to train your dog is here:
All the best,